As far as the 11th and 12th C. the massive belltower has overlooked the
countryside. When the nave was being built in addition to the tower they used
second-hand materials such as pieces of sandstone sarcophagus. A nice carved
fragment of that is still visible set as a facing in a North buttress.
On an engraved stone, found in 1642 in the tower-staircase, a text explains how the church was ruined and plundered during the religion wars.
The romanesque windows were unsettled and in the 17th C. widened into roman arches and in the 19th C. into pointed arches. The flat-bottomed choir probably took the place of a semi-circular apse and a plastered-ceiling came into the place of a wooden round arch.
The entrance vault was made in 1742, the chancel-screen was unsettled in the mid-19th century; the 18th C. nave panelings were restaured in the first half of the 20th C. by a joiner of Saint-Aubin area.
In 1899, the believers, owners in La Ferté, had a stained-glass window made by a master of Orléans, Testeau, for the western façade, the choir and the nave. That in the choir, donation of the Maes family, shows Saint Aubin blessing “Saint-Roch grass” in front of sheep and of the church.
Behind the altar, a crucifixion, formerly a part of the chancel screen, is registered in the National Heritage.
The three church bells were smelted in Orléans by the bell factory Bollée.